At Force 4 Sailing we believe that the best way to learn the skills required to pass the Day Skipper Theory course is from a real instructor in a real classroom. We know it’s the 21st century. We know that there are online courses and distance learning courses and that you can Skype with an instructor and we are certainly not knocking these options. We just really like that when you get stuck, and most people do, you can stick your hand in the air, ask for help and get it instantly.
Therefore, this is a classroom based course that takes place over five days, Monday to Friday. Student’s are able to work at their own pace, ask questions and gain the greatest possible benefit from taking this theory course in a classroom environment.
There are 2 exam papers at the end of the course and a certificate will be awarded for passing.
Price: € 399.00
None required although some practical sailing experience is desirable. Subsequently, we would recommend taking the Competent Crew Course to prepare yourself.
- Loan of pencils, eraser, notepad, pens etc
- Loan of Breton Plotter and Divider set
- Course pack, training almanac and RYA Day Skipper shorebased notes book
- Water, tea, coffee and biscuits throughout the day
- Accommodation – can be arranged from as little as € 120 per person per week. Please contact us for details
- Airport transfer – can be arrange for €28 each way with https://www.malagaairporttransfer.com/
Ability after the course; you will:
- Have the skills required to progress to Day Skipper Practical
- Have developed an understanding of navigation, including the use of nautical charts, symbols and abbreviations
- Be able to plot your position on a chart, using way points, estimated positions, courses to steer and tidal information
- Have exposure to an electronic chart plotter and GPS navigation system
- Understand meteorology in more detail with particular relevance to sailing
- Have a good knowledge of collision regulations at sea.
After this course we recommend you take the RYA Day Skipper Practical Course